WE ENVISION A WORLD IN WHICH NO ONE DIES FROM ALS
Target ALS: Collaborating to Accelerate Progress
After losing both his father and uncle to ALS, former New York City Deputy Mayor and CEO of Sidewalk Labs, Dan Doctoroff knew something had to be done against this terrible disease. In 2013, he launched Target ALS to create a new collaborative framework for scientists and clinicians across academia and industry.
The Target ALS Innovation Ecosystem, a radically different approach to driving ALS research, brings together the right people, funding, critical tools and resources to accelerate the discovery and development of breakthrough therapies to treat people with ALS.With your help, we can further accelerate discovery. Join Us.
150 Research Collaborators
60 Pharma and Biotech Partners
12 Therapeutic Approaches
See the impact of our Innovation Ecosystem.Learn More
Human Postmortem Tissue Core
We provide access to multiple CNS sub-regions from ALS and control cases with detailed de-identified clinical and demographic information.
In Vivo Target Validation Core
We aim to test whether modulation of your target modifies disease relevant phenotypes in multiple ALS mouse models.
News + Stories
- Target ALS and The ALS Association Announce New TDP-43-Focused Biomarker Initiative
- Target ALS Annual Meeting Canceled Due to the Spread of COVID-19
- Target ALS Expands Stem Cell Core to Include Innovative New Reporter Lines
- ALS/FTD Response Signals Resounding Desire for Collaboration
- A Cancer Drug for ALS? Foundation Forges Innovative Approach to Incubate Novel Therapeutics